May 30th, 2010
Jennifer Nicholson about her dad
Jack Nicholson's daughter Jennifer Nicholson has spoken out about living in the ''shadow'' of her famous father. Jack Nicholson's daughter used to consider him as a "shadow" hanging over her.
Jennifer Nicholson - daughter of Jack and actress Sandra Knight - admits she had a tough time as a child growing up in Los Angeles because of her father's fame.
Jennifer says: "I went to a very strict private school in Los Angeles and it felt like a shadow hanging over me, as if another person - my dad - was tied to me. If someone found out who he was, there would be a sudden silence because back then he was considered a bit of a wild character. These days he's not, he's calmed down."
In addition to being burdened with his fame, Jennifer, 46, also took issue with his love of young girlfriends.
Jennifer says: "At first they were very old, then they were exactly my age - that was the worst for me - and they're my sister's age! As we all know, fame's a strange and painful thing and I've learnt to forgot all that stuff, to do the best for my children and express my creativity as honestly as I can while expecting nothing in return; no outside validation, just my own personal sense of satisfaction."
However, Jennifer - who has sons 13-year-old Sean and 10-year-old Duke - does think her 73-year-old father is a "fantastic person".
Jennifer says: "He's the best. He's had a long career because his honour and integrity inform his decisions, not what sells. Lots of his colleagues ask him for advice, especially the younger ones. On top of that he's intelligent, generous and has great respect for women. He's a fantastic person."
- Like father, like son at the Apollon in the Hamptons fundraiser
- Robin Williams
- Photos: Jack Nicholson backstage at LA Opera
- Robert Downey Jr. wants Jack Nicholson for Sherlock Holmes 3
- Happy 77th birthday Jack Nicholson!
- Photos: Jack Nicholson shops at Barneys
- Jack Nicholson celebrates Elizabeth Taylor's birthday
- Jack Nicholson poses for a fun selfie from courtside seat as he watches his beloved LA Lakers slide to defeat
- Photos: Jack Nicholson leaving a medical building
- Jack Nicholson Talks Non-Retirement, Loss Love & Getting Older
- Photos: VIP Pre-Fight Party For Showtime PPV's Presentation Of The One: Floyd Mayweather Jr. Vs. Canelo Alvarez
- New biography on Jack Nicholson by Marc Eliot
- Photos: San Antonio Spurs vs Los Angeles Lakers
- Happy Birthday Jack Nicholson!
- Video: Jack Nicholson at the 85th Academy Awards Oscar Ceremony 2013
Jack's next movie should be