September 10th, 2011
Jack Nicholson Hollywood home damaged by fire
A blaze badly damaged a home in the Hollywood Hills, injuring two firefighters. Property records show that the house, located in the 7300 block of Woodrow Wilson Drive, is owned by actor Jack Nicholson. Nicholson hasn't lived in the house since 1975 and has been renting out the property.
The fire broke out around 8 p.m. About 85 firefighters from the L.A. City Fire Department were called to the scene. They had the flames under control by around 9:30 p.m. The house is completely gutted, but according to officials it could have been much worse due to the narrow streets and the homes being close together.
Luckily the fire did not spread. Two firefighters suffered heat exhaustion and were taken to a local hospital for observation. Firefighters say the person who lives in the home believes chemicals in the garage may have started the blaze.
The cause of the fire is under investigation. Authorities say it appears to be accidental.
ABC news broadcast about the fire: click here
- Happy 79th birthday Jack!
- Jack and his fear of being alone in Closer Weekly
- Photos: it's just a shot away: The Rolling Stones in photographs
- Like father, like son at the Apollon in the Hamptons fundraiser
- Robin Williams
- Photos: Jack Nicholson backstage at LA Opera
- Robert Downey Jr. wants Jack Nicholson for Sherlock Holmes 3
- Happy 77th birthday Jack Nicholson!
- Photos: Jack Nicholson shops at Barneys
- Jack Nicholson celebrates Elizabeth Taylor's birthday
- Jack Nicholson poses for a fun selfie from courtside seat as he watches his beloved LA Lakers slide to defeat
- Photos: Jack Nicholson leaving a medical building
- Jack Nicholson Talks Non-Retirement, Loss Love & Getting Older
- Photos: VIP Pre-Fight Party For Showtime PPV's Presentation Of The One: Floyd Mayweather Jr. Vs. Canelo Alvarez
- New biography on Jack Nicholson by Marc Eliot
Jack's next movie should be