September 10th, 2011
Jack Nicholson Hollywood home damaged by fire
A blaze badly damaged a home in the Hollywood Hills, injuring two firefighters. Property records show that the house, located in the 7300 block of Woodrow Wilson Drive, is owned by actor Jack Nicholson. Nicholson hasn't lived in the house since 1975 and has been renting out the property.
The fire broke out around 8 p.m. About 85 firefighters from the L.A. City Fire Department were called to the scene. They had the flames under control by around 9:30 p.m. The house is completely gutted, but according to officials it could have been much worse due to the narrow streets and the homes being close together.
Luckily the fire did not spread. Two firefighters suffered heat exhaustion and were taken to a local hospital for observation. Firefighters say the person who lives in the home believes chemicals in the garage may have started the blaze.
The cause of the fire is under investigation. Authorities say it appears to be accidental.
ABC news broadcast about the fire: click here
- Jack Nicholson Talks Non-Retirement, Loss Love & Getting Older
- Photos: VIP Pre-Fight Party For Showtime PPV's Presentation Of The One: Floyd Mayweather Jr. Vs. Canelo Alvarez
- New biography on Jack Nicholson by Marc Eliot
- Photos: San Antonio Spurs vs Los Angeles Lakers
- Happy Birthday Jack Nicholson!
- Video: Jack Nicholson at the 85th Academy Awards Oscar Ceremony 2013
- Video: Jack Nicholson in Paris
- Photos: Jack in Paris
- Photos: 85th Oscars Academy Awards
- Photos: L.A. Lakers vs Oklahoma City Thunder
- Problems with contact form fixed
- Photos: LA Lakers vs OKC
- Photos: A Celebration Of Carole King And Her Music To Benefit Paul Newman's The Painted Turtle Camp
- Photos: LACMA 2012 Art & Film Gala
- Photos: Victor Ortiz v Josesito Lopez
Jack's next movie should be